My Favourite Makeup Brushes

posted on: Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I thought I'd share my favourite and most used makeup brushes. The majority of my most used brushes are from Real Techniques, then I have a couple from MAC, a few from Quo, and one from Sephora. Each brush has a different use. Some I reach for on a daily basis, while others are favourites for when I'm looking to add something special to a look. 

Quo Bent Liner Brush
When I am going to use eyeliner I almost always opt for a gel liner. This brush is absolutely perfect for gel liner and makes it so much easier to apply because of the fine tip and the bend in the brush. 

Quo Crease Brush
It's a toss up between this brush and my MAC 217 for favourite crease brush, but I really love how the Quo brush is tapered at the end. It fits into the crease and places the powder perfectly. 

Quo Brow/Liner Brush
When I'm using shadows instead of eyeliner, but want a more distinct line, this is my go-to brush. It also doubles as a brow brush. 

I've had this brush for a few years now and practically use it everyday. This brush is so versatile. At first I pretty much only used it for blending my shadows, but now I use it for everything. If I'm being really lazy I can get away with only using this brush. 

I have had this brush for several years. I think it's pretty amazing that I have had it for so long and it is still intact. For the longest time I was happy using just this brush. Now I use this for placing shadow all over the lid or placing shadow on the outer part of the lid. 

This is my most recent purchase. I wanted a brush that would allow me to be more precise with my shadow application, and this brush works well for that. It's great for darkening up the crease, adding colour to the outer V, or placing shadow along the lash line. 

I initially bought this for concealer, but it is called a cream shadow brush, so that is what I've been using it for lately. I love using this brush to blend out my Maybelline Colour Tattoos. 

Real Techniques Accent Brush (from the Starter Set)
I haven't been wearing eyeliner much lately, so I have been using this brush to line my upper and lower lash line with darker shadows. It's good for subtle day looks. 

Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush (from the Starter Set)
This brush is so soft. I would say I use this brush and the MAC 213 equally for placing shadow all over the lid. 

Real Techniques Contour Brush (from the Core Collection)
I don't contour that often, but this is a great contouring brush. It gets right into the hollows of your cheeks. I love using this brush to highlight the tops of my cheekbones. 

This is the perfect foundation brush. I think it blends out my foundations beautifully. I used to prefer blending out my foundation with my fingers, but since getting this brush it has become my favourite way to apply and blend out foundation. 

For blush it was a toss up between this and the stippling brush, but sometimes I use my fingers to blend out cream blush, but I always use this brush for powder blush, so I decided to include this one. It is so soft and feels lovely on your cheeks.

I use this brush daily. It applies the perfect amount of powder and as I've mentioned with all the other Real Techniques brushes, so soft!

What are your favourite brushes?

11 comments:

  1. Of course definitely the MAC 217...what a dream! I also love the 210 for gel liner, but I'm thinking I could definitely use the 219 in my little collection.

    Also, I find the RT contour brush is perfect for blending out my under eye concealer...who would've thought! I got the idea from Anna (VDM) and have got to say, the girl is a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The MAC 217 is definitely my favourite brush for eyeshadow and the MAC 210 is a staple in my collection for gel liner. I will always have both of these brushes in my collection.

    The RT Buffing Brush is a must for foundation although I do enjoy using the Beauty Blender sometimes as well.

    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, I really need a lesson in makeup brushes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no clue when it comes to brushes, I have one old blush brush that I just use for, well, blush, and that is it. Something I need to learn more about, clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This photo is so gorgeous - it makes me feel like I need to revamp my brush collection! My selection is pretty basic, just a standard issue set from MAC, but I recently got a silicone eyeshadow brush from Stila and it's really interesting to use, such a change from the traditional bristle brush.
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing picks! The RT Expert Face and Blush brushes are faves of mine too! I definitely need more MAC brushes in my life :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 217 is brilliant. I really want more RT eye brushes x

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes to these! excellent choices. you'll love my post today, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of great brushes- I tend to use all synthetic bc I'm going the cruelty free route, and the Real Techniques are fantastic.
    Blushing Biddies

    ReplyDelete