Rainy Day

posted on: Thursday, June 17, 2010

Second post! 

So, I've been preparing for this blog for a little while. I wasn't sure if I would be able to actually take photos of myself because I can be extremely shy sometimes. I bought a tripod and attempted to take some outfit photos on my own but ended up psyching myself out. I drove around and around trying to find the perfect secluded spot. I would park, stare off into an empty field, try to muster up the courage to take some outfit shots, but just couldn't do it. 

One time I even got out of my car, set up my tripod, then realized that my battery was dead! I looked up and a security guard was walking towards me! He told me he was going to confiscate my camera but I jumped in my car, locked the doors and sped off. 

The second time I attempted to take some photos I walked off into the trees in a large park close to my house. I thought I was pretty well hidden so I could experiment with my camera but every few minutes someone would trek up to where I was and ask what I was taking photos of. I just told them I was getting the light shining through the trees. All I ended up with that day was one shot of the light coming through the trees. 

Lucky for me one of my best friends went to school for photography and she offered to do photos for me!! So, here are the photos from our first shoot together. 
This shoot was so much fun! We have been trying to spend more time together so this was the perfect solution. We grabbed some coffees and drove down to a nearby park called Fish Creek (the same park where I ended up with the photo of the trees). We decided to explore a section of the park that we don't usually go to. We found a cute bridge and a barn. 

We went for a walk first, but by the time we were ready to start taking photos it started to rain! We ended up ducking under the bridge for shelter and took a few photos there by the water. On our way back to the car we decided that we had to take a few pics at the barn. We quickly jumped the fence to run to the barn for a few shots there. 

(shorts - thrifted DIY cutoffs, cardigan - J. Crew, tanktop - Wilfred, tights & shoes - Joe Fresh Style, 
purse - Dooney & Bourke, belt - thrifted, locket - antique)

Photos by Opheliac
Thanks Opheliac for taking some amazing photos!





1 comments:

  1. Great story! I LOVE seeing our photos published on your blog, finally!!

    ReplyDelete