Moscato Moment

posted on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015

moscatomoment_5249 moscatomoment_5253
moscatomoment2_5297

I was recently sent a couple of different wines to try out from Jacob's Creek, along with a couple different drink recipes to test out. Last week the weather was scorching hot, so I decided it was the perfect time to make the Strawberry Basil Lemonade. I have a little indoor herb garden and my Basil plant is growing out of control, so it worked out nicely to have a new way to use my basil. 

The recipe calls for:
1 bottle of Jacob's Creek Moscato
6 oz. of fresh lemon juice
1 pint of fresh strawberries
3 sprigs of basil
and 1 lemon sliced

The first step is to blend the lemon, strawberries, and basil, then strain into a pitcher. Next, add the bottle of Jacob's Creek Moscato to the pitcher. Finally, as a garnish I used basil, sliced strawberries, and lemon slices. And that's it. My little sister was coming over to have a girls day and picnic, so I also made a non-alcoholic version of the strawberry lemonade. I basically followed the same recipe, but instead of the bottle of Jacob's Creek Moscato, I added a bottle of San Pellegrino Sparking Mineral Water. I found a sparkling lemonade recipe on Pinterest that sounded really great that I also want to try! The only major difference is mint instead of basil. 

I also have a blog post coming with a couple photos from my girls day picnic with my little sister!

xo Ashley

Share your #MoscatoMoment on Instagram and you could win your own girls night kit! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment