Maybelline | The Nudes Palette

posted on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014

LLL.nudes_2286 LLL.nudes_2290

The more I use this palette the more I love it. I've read a lot of mixed reviews on the Maybelline The Nudes Palette*, so I was very curious to check it out for myself. My initial reaction when doing finger swatches was a bit of surprise. The shadows were a lot creamy in texture then I expected! The one downside is that the pigmentation in some of the matte shadows is not totally there, but I would say if you are patient and have a nice brush then this isn't an issue. I don't mind building up the matte colours slowly. The advantage with this is there is not much kick up for fall out. I also found that the more you use the palette the better the shadows get. I think some of them just need a little working in. The two colours that have the least colour pay off are the first and last colour in the palette. The first colour has some glitter in it, but it does have a nice subtle iridescent sheen. The last colour is a black, and it is the only shadow in the palette that I am not a fan of. I find it to be quite patchy. My three favourites are the first on the bottom row, the fourth from the top, and fourth from the bottom. My impression of the palette is based on use with a primer because I always use a primer. I like to use MAC painterly paint pot, or the Maybelline Colour Tattoos a primers with The Nudes Palette. The last thing I like about the palette is there are ideas for colour combinations using 2, 3, and 4 shadows on the back of the palette and on the Maybelline webiste. This is really great for anyone new to eyeshadow to give ideas on several different looks you can create with the palette. 

Have you tried the Maybelline The Nudes Palette? What did you think? 

xo Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment