Revlon By Marchesa Nail Art 3D Jewel Appliques

posted on: Friday, November 1, 2013


A few weeks ago I was sent the some of the limited edition Revlon By Marchesa Nail Art 3D Jewel Appliques to test out. The nail appliqués are designed to translate red carpet couture gowns into something any woman can wear everyday. The appliqués feature metallics, bold colours, beading, and intricate prints. So far I've only tried out Gilded Mosaic. They are so beautiful I'm afraid to ruin them! I also want to save a few for some special occasions. I think a fun way to wear them ( and save them!) would be to paint your nails a complimentary colour and use only one nail appliqué on an accent nail. I think this is what I'm going to try next. If you want to see a photo of how Gilded Mosaic turned out I put a photo up on my Instagram and Facebook page

When I applied the Gilded Mosaic appliqué, I used a base coat underneath and I'm not sure that this was the best method. Maybe it was because I didn't let the base coat dry fully, but the first hand that I did turned out a little wrinkled. I removed the base coat from my other hand and started out with clean nails and they turned out much better. I also took the time to smooth out my second hand so that may have helped as well. The thing I like most about the nail appliqués is that there is no wait or drying time. It's quick and easy. They can also last for quite a while, but you can also remove them with no fuss. 

Click here for a video I found with some really great application tips and tricks. 

Crown Jewels, Gilded Mosaic, Royal Burgundy

Evening Garnet, Jeweled Noir, 24K Brocade


24K Brocade, Beaded Couture, Crown Jewels, Evening Garnet, Gilded Mosaic, Silk Rosette, Jeweled Noir, Royal Burgundy
Photos courtesy of Revlon and Marchesa
Photos courtesy of Revlon and Marchesa

Photos courtesy of Revlon and Marchesa

5 comments:

  1. So so pretty! I love the crown jewels one.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna try these out soooo bad! Beaded Couture and Silk Rosette are especially stunning xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen these in-store and they really do look lovely! Great inspiration :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been meaning to try these - they look so lovely!

    ReplyDelete