Grey & Olive

posted on: Monday, February 25, 2013

The skirt that I'm wearing in this post has a bit of a story behind it. I was contacted by e-Shakti to review an item from their website. It's a really cool concept where the majority of items in their shop have the option to customize to your specifications! You can change the sleeves or neckline of a dress, the length of an item and much more. So I picked out this skirt, and thought I customized it to my height (5'4). When I received the skirt I pulled it out of the box and it was gigantic! Somehow I got mixed up when I was ordering the skirt and did not customize it to my size. Luckily my friend Sheri of Notsoseemless is a fantastic seamstress. She literally hemmed a foot off the skirt for me and, voila, perfect length. The good new, Sheri gave me her expert opinion on the make of the skirt and she said that it was made exceptionally well. From the waist detail, to the pleats, the lining, and the pockets. Overall I am really happy with my skirt. My one warning if you are ordering from e-Shakti is to make sure you double check the measurements you enter and make sure you are on the correct page for customizing your order if you choose to go that route. 

On another note I am so happy that the weather is starting to warm up and that I was able to get away with wearing a lightweight jacket and t-shirt. Spring is in the air. Not to much else is new. Still loving school. I can't believe I'm almost through my second semester of classes!





Outfit Details
Wilfred Free floral t-shirt
skirt c/o e-Shakti altered by Notsoseemless
Talula jacket
Joe Fresh boots
vintage watch 
CoutuKitsch bracelet
H&M necklace

8 comments:

  1. Oh no! I feel so bad that you messed up your measurements but tailoring is amazing eh!? You look great in that skirt! I absolutely love your style Ashley! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great skirt, love the pleating and that it has pockets. Perfect with the floral top and leather jacket :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I just love your booties and floaty skirt looks so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the skirt - the alterations were worth it! It looks great with that top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely outfit, yourskirt is amazing....I just started a new blog, maybe follow each other?

    http://aissatak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! And those booties are fabulous! I love how ankle boots are pretty much perfect for any season!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. That skirt is SO pretty with that top and those ankle boots!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything about this outfit is lovely!



    Yellow Blog [blog design] - the best deals for one-of-a-kind and non-exclusive blog designs
    SHOP | GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete