Radium Hot Springs

posted on: Monday, June 27, 2011

When JP got home from work on Friday we picked up my brother and headed out of town to meet up with my parents and little sister in Radium Hot Springs, BC. I love living so close to the mountains and how easy it is to escape city life for a weekend. There is just something about driving out of the city and seeing the Rocky Mountain Range in the distance. It's like a huge weight is lifted and you can breath for the first time. The view is exhilarating, and I'll never tire of it. 
5699-1

5701-1

5742-1

5751triptych

5729-1

5733diptych

5811-1

5736diptych

5803-1

5787diptych

5832diptych

5844diptych

5853-1

5855-1

5869-1

5892-1
"The forest that surrounds you here at Hector Gorge, the river below, the Rocky Mountains all around - this is wilderness. Without the road behind you, it would take several days to reach the nearest town. Perhaps you would not survive the journey. Like the first explorers - Simpson, Sinclair Hector - you would have rivers and canyons to cross, and what you see in front of you would be an unknown, perhaps desolate barrier."

5 comments:

  1. I haven't been there in a long time! These pics brings back my memories.
    Thanks for the post! Gotta love the nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! The Rocky Mountains are amazing! I love that picture of your dad too; he looks so serious about his coffee!

    PS Congrats on your one year!!!! Those cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came upon your blog--so cute! I love your layout + all your pictures. I don't know much about the fashion scene in Canada, so I will definitely be following you to keep up! I live in Washington but am only about half an hour from the US/Canadian border, so I'd like to know what's goin' on up there :)
    I look forward to reading more!
    xoxo Charity
    somedreamingtree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words!
    Come back soon, I'll be wainting you!

    http://cosamimetto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is everything I miss about Canada. Gorgeous photographs.

    x The Pretty Secrets

    ReplyDelete