AFW | Anne B. & NRT

posted on: Saturday, May 28, 2011

Friday was day two of Alberta Fashion Week. KD and I were lucky enough to be invited by the Smashbox and Bourjois makeup artists to get our makeup done with the models! I'm saving my makeup photos for a separate post, so you will get to see those shots another day. 
As with the previous night, the doors opened early giving fashion week attendees the chance to mingle and network. KD and I bumped into Sarah from Pagoda Magazine, Shino of Shino's Journal, Miranda of Twenty Something Blog Online, Rupi of The Diva Lounge,  the girls of PARK, and several Calgary Fashion members, just to name a few. 
Amanda, Sarah, KD, Shino
Shea and NRT model
Showing their designs on the second night were Anne B. Accessories and NRT. As I descibed in this post, Anne B's accessories are made from natural materials including bone, wood, shell, and horn resin. All the designs for the second runways show, NRT were hand-made by the designer, Nicole Rita Tomney. For me, her collection brought up images of Beatle Juice, Lady Gaga, and vampires. Everything was in shades of  black and white and grey. This was the second time I had the chance to see NRT. The first was at PARKSHOW in March. 
Smashbox and Bourjois Makeup artists, Amy and Vanessa
front row with Rupi, KD, Jen & Meaghan
Photo by Shino
Anne B. Accessories
NRT

Click here for the Anne B. Accessories runway video by Calgary Fashion
Click here for the NRT runway video by Calgary Fashion

12 comments:

  1. Looks like this was soo much fun! I love the NRT designs, specially the jacket/vest :3

    i hope you can visit my blog
    effysteff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that turquoise necklace on the model with the gothic chic makeup!

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley! I really like your blog!
    These photos are so cool, looks like a fun time!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the makeup of the models!! :-)


    My blog
    xoxo Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks like so much fun! getting to watch the models prepare backstage was my favorite part of nyfw.. i can only imagine how awesome it would be to get your makeup done there too. can't wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos, can't wait to see your make-up photos!
    Cheers,
    Bre

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley, what a tremendously cool night! and how amazing to get the full meal deal service like that, wowzers. can't wait to see the re-cap of make-uped wonderment. awesome photos and front row no less! you ladies are all fab-U-lous. love your turban style head wrap. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay this might be the first time I'm ever jealous that I don't live in Alberta but hello! This looks fantastic! Glad you had a good time x

    myheartstumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow! I am so jealous! I will be waiting for your makeup post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. all the collections look fabulous. love the anne b jewelry!
    Enter my giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the photo's darling, looks like you had a wonderful time! The jewellery is so beautiful!

    Eagerly awaiting the make-up post!

    Girl about Town Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah these shots are all great! love getting an inside look :)

    pepperandchips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete