PC Wine Collection

posted on: Sunday, October 11, 2015

PCwine_5960
In preparation for the upcoming holiday season, President's Choice has released a limited edition wine collection featuring five wines from different regions around the world. The collection is available in 37 select Real Canadian Liquorstores in Alberta. I was given the opportunity to try out the collection, and just in time for the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend! I love trying new wines, and especially love red wine, so this collection really appealed to me. It features one white wine and four reds curated from regions such as Italy, Spain and California. I haven't had a chance to try out all the wines in the collection, but I will update with my impressions in a later post. For now here is a little about each wine in the collection.  

Plata 2013 Chardonnay
Coming from California, this Chardonnay fills the palette with flavours of tropical fruit and citrus. It's described as crisp and smooth. 

Rotllan Torra 2010 Priorat Reserva
This wine is described as having as smoky mineral aroma, as well as dark berry, licorice, and vanilla. The flavour is of blackcurrant and cherry. JP and I had this wine with dinner the other night and loved it. 

Plata 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon 
This wine is described as capturing the sunny California coast, with bold and robust berry notes. It's also suggested that it pairs well with pizza, which I am looking forward to trying!

Banti 2013 Toscana
This wine is aged for one year in a Slovenian oak cask. It has earthy, and sweet leather flavours, and pairs well with tomato based pasta sauce and strong cheese. 

Poggiofoca 2009 Sovana
A Cabernet Sauvigonon blended with Sangiovese. It is described as having notes of crushed berries and barley, and is full-bodied with a fruity finish. 

So there is a short description of the five wines in the collection. I think they all sound intriguing, and it will be fun to try out the different food and wine pairings recommended. I'm also looking forward to trying out a bottle for our family Thanksgiving dinner tonight!

I'm interested to hear what types of wine everyone else enjoys! Let me know in the comments below.

xo Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment