Chanel Mat Lumiere Foundation

posted on: Wednesday, December 4, 2013


I thought I would do a review on the Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup before I said farewell to it. I haven't wore it in well over two years, but up until now could not part with the bottle. This is the foundation I decided to wear on my wedding day and I was very happy with it at the time. Unfortunately I started having allergic reactions to it a few months after the wedding. I discovered that I am allergic to titanium dioxide, and because of this I have difficulties with products that contain SPF. The SPF in this foundation is apparently pure titanium dioxide, which is actually good news for those who are looking for a foundation with a good SPF, it was just not good news for me. This foundation blended very well and gave a medium coverage. The matte finish was not flat, and I would agree that it was a "luminous matte" finish. It did not look cakey or heavy and appeared natural. I also loved how light it felt on my skin. I don't typically like scented face products, but I didn't mind the scent of this foundation. The reason that I choose this foundation for my wedding day was that I wanted my skin to look matte and I wanted a foundation with SPF. It is not recommended to wear sunscreen for wedding photos, but I was getting married in Cabo and decided that I would risk a foundation with SFP and a "white glow" in my photos over sunburned skin. I didn't end up noticing a white glow in my wedding photos, so this foundation ended up working out well for my wedding day. Overall I really loved the Mat Lumiere foundation and would have continued to use it if it was not for the allergy. 

1 comments:

  1. I've never tried any Chanel beauty products, I'm a Shopper's drug mart kind of girl myself.. haha. I'd rather splurge on clothes or shoes than make-up

    ReplyDelete