XFest According to my iPhone

posted on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012

JP and I  met up with some friends and went to an outdoor festival on Saturday called X-Fest. The concert was held at Fort Calgary, a historical landmark in the city. I was a little worried about spending the entire day outside when the weather forecast was predicting rain the majority of the day. Of course, almost immediate after we arrived to watch Mutemath it started to rain, and the rain quickly turned into hail. A bunch of us huddled under two umbrellas while we were pelted with hail. Muthmath was amazing, and played most of their set in the hail storm! Luckily it was the only rain/hail for the day. The sun came out and the rest of the day was beautiful! I bumped into a good friend that I hadn't seen in a long time. We had both been obsessed with Linkin Park when we were in High School, so it was so much fun to watch the show together. Other highlights from the night were a random guy buying my friends and I a bucket of mini donuts off of another guy in the crowd, our friend Mark and his train hats,  and snacking on celery and carrots in the beer gardens.

walking through Inglewood on our way to Fort Calgary
left: my outfit | right: Mutemath minutes before the hail
left: The Joy Formidable | right: food truck
left: view of the city from the food trucks | right: two of the many food trucks at X-Fest
pulled pork sandwich from JoJo's BBQ
reunited with K and the beer gardens
left: sunset | right: Silversun Pickups
mini donuts!
Linkin Park

3 comments:

  1. I love these pics! Looks like tons of fun! and seriously who doesn't love a bucket of donuts? :)

    iambornlippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a seriously fantastic time! I would've definitely liked to see mutemath in concert! Perhaps not in a rain/hailstorm though! :)

    ReplyDelete