There are five rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them.
1. I have a really difficult time writing about myself. I can talk FOREVER, but I find writing about myself so hard.
2. I was the VP of a sorority in university
3. I am obsessed with books. In high school I liked to work my way through an author and read everything they had ever wrote. I think this might have happened because when I was younger I loved series ( babysitter club, Goosebumps/Fear Street, Sweet Valley Twins/High, Nancy Drew). I needed to collect all the books in each series I was into.
4. I love meeting new people and making new friends. When I was young my family would go camping in BC every summer. One of the first things I would do was scout the playground for new friends. I had a lot of pen pals growing up.
5. My friends tell me that I'm full of the most random facts and that I seem to forget nothing.
6. I miss university so much! I just loved grabbing a coffee at the Uni coffee shop, running into friends on the way to class, and then sitting back in my chair in the lecture hall sipping on my coffee and taking notes. It definitely helped that I made some amazing friends in University, and seeing my friends almost everyday is probably one of the things I miss the most. Lucky for me most of my uni friends have moved to Calgary!
7. I can't tolerate spice at all. JP will taste test something for me and tell me it's not spicy, I go and taste it and start choking and my eyes start watering! Can't handle it.
8. I'm allergic to milk protein and I'm not very good at avoiding it.
9. My favourite foods are bacon, strawberries, and sweet potatoes!
10. Over the last year I have been trying very hard to get into cooking. I value health and nutrition, but I have a really hard time being patient with cooking. I start to feel like I'm "wasting time" and think about all the other things that I need to get done. I do really like cooking with other people though. I prefer JP to cook, or to cook together.
11. I love working out at the gym and my favourite part is lifting weights. I've also recently been trying to get into running and I have a goal to do a 10k run this spring, a half-marathon next spring/summer and someday I want to do a mini triathlon. I lifeguarded for one a few years ago at a lake community in Calgary and I've been thinking about it ever since.
QUESTIONS FROM SAM
1. What is your greatest accomplishment?
hummm.. This is hard..I have something in the works that I'm hoping will be my greatest accomplishment so far, but I don't want to jinx it. If things work in my favour I'll write about it in another post.
For now I'll say overcoming/working on some of my fears are my greatest accomplishments.
2. What's your favorite song?
I can never just pick one favourite thing but a song I could listen to on repeat right now is Somebody I Used To Know by Gotye.
3. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Breakfast for sure! I LOVE All breakfast foods. Pancakes, eggs and bacon, hash browns, breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal. So yummy. My favourite thing is weekend breakfasts with JP, when we make coffee and breakfast and then watch Seinfeld or Arrested Development reruns together.
4. What are three things that you couldn't live without?
I couldn't live without my integrity, independence, and close relationships/friendships
(Also, my iPhone, MacBook Pro, and my car)
5. What is your greatest fear?
Well, I am terrified of needles, spiders, and mice/rats, but my greatest fear is probably not living up to my dreams and expectations for myself.
6. What is your favorite movie?
I don't have a favourite movie but In general I like comedies.
7. If you could be granted three wishes, what would they be, and why?
*Unlimited money! My reason is so that I can fill my days with only the things that I love, and not have to worry about what I can and can't afford to do.
*I would wish that I would never be sick again. Wouldn't that be so nice? To be healthy for the rest of your life.
*I would wish for my city to be moved to the coast! I want to live by the ocean, but wouldn't want to leave my friends and family behind.
8. What's your favorite thing about where you live?
My favourite things about where I live are my friends, family and living near the mountains.
9. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
In 10 years I hope that I will have a Masters degree in Psychology (maybe a PhD) and that I will have or be working toward starting a private counselling practice. I hope that in 10 years I will have had the chance to travel more, and I see myself living a happy life with my husband. :)
10. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
humm.. Probably my optimism.
I'm going to tag Mikhaila, Charity, Cee, Rebecca, and Jenna, but feel free to participate and let me know if you do in the comments section. I would love to read your posts! Instead of making up new questions I'm going to stick with the questions that Sam made.